K-Pop news, videos and photos - WoW!Korea

wowkorea facebookwowkorea twitter  | Tiếng Việt  | bahasa Indonesia  | ไทย  | 簡体字  | 繁体字  | English  | 한국  | 日本

  • Lee Yong-soo, who was waiting for Pelosi, was slammed to floor... “National Assembly security guards should be punished”
Lee Yong-soo, who was waiting for Pelosi, was slammed to floor... “National Assembly security guards should be punished”
Lee Yong-soo (94), a former comfort woman victim of the former Japanese military, was on standby at the National Assembly to meet Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi.

In response, the Justice Remembrance Association for the Resolution of the Japanese Military Sexual Slavery Issue called for the punishment of those responsible, claiming that "this is the first time this has happened."

Lee Yong-soo and the Committee for Promoting the Circulation of the International Court of Justice on the Japanese Military Comfort Women Issue waited in the National Assembly at around 12:20 p.m on August 4th in order to request Pelosi to have a meeting with her.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi met with Speaker of the National Assembly Kim Jinpyo from 11:55 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the same day, then made a joint media announcement and had lunch at the National Assembly.

The accident happened before Speaker Nancy Pelosi arrived in Congress. The National Assembly's security team tried to move Lee Yong-soo's wheelchair to secure the movement of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and in the process, Lee Yong-soo was slammed to the floor and fell.

The video released by the promotion committee shows Lee Yong-soo yelling, "Leave me alone, I'm going to die!" The process of trying to wake up the body was included.

In response to this, the Seiseiren said, "I committed an unforgivable act that physically and mentally shocked the halmoni." We demand a thorough investigation of the facts, an official apology, and the punishment of those responsible."

The Seiyakuren also shared the phone number of the parliamentary security officer's office on social media and requested that they "call us to protest."

In the end, Lee Yong-soo's meeting with chairman Nancy Pelosi did not happen that day. The day before, the Promotion Committee sent a letter to Chairman Nancy Pelosi, stating that the “former comfort women” issue should be resolved through the “Comfort Women Resolution 121” adopted by the U.S. House of Representatives and requesting a meeting with Lee Yong-soo.

After the accident, Lee Yong-soo was transferred to Seoul's Yeouido St. Mary's Hospital.

Published : 2022/08/05 09:34 KST

Like if you like it ♪

Check WoW!Korea for breaking and latest K-Pop's news, videos, and photos now!
Copyright(C) 2004-2022 AISE Inc. All Rights Reserved.